SB Cradle (Pack of 90) - Timber batten support is a composite adjustable cradle designed for impact sound insulation on concrete or timber separating floors. It is ideal for correcting uneven floor surfaces without the need for packers, reducing labor costs. The cradle consists of a 60mm deep x 90mm diameter polycarbonate cradle with a 10mm acoustic resilient layer of SB feltTM. It is compatible with a range of SB-Systems that exceed the current Building Regulation requirements and is Robust Details FFT2 compliant for floor structures EFC-1, EFC-2, and EFS-1.
It is a timber batten support with adjustable threads that allow for precise leveling on uneven sub-floors when upgrading or adding acoustic performance to separating floors. It can be used in both new build and refurbishment projects to correct discrepancies in concrete and timber floors without the need for packers. Additionally, it is ideal for creating a service void as part of a sound insulation system.
- Can be used on concrete or timber
- Consists of a 60mm deep x 90mm diameter polycarbonate cradle with an 'O' support ring bonded to a 10mm SB feltTM resilient layer
- Overall Cradle Dimensions: 90mm diameter x 70mm high; Overall adjustment: 15mm - 60mm above structural base; Cradle Base Thickness: 15mm
Acoustic Performance - Typical Results*:
*Results based on a recommended system incorporating SB-Cradles over existing floorboards.
Features and Benefits
- A composite adjustable cradle for impact sound insulation on concrete or timber separating floors
- Ideal for uneven floor surfaces - no need for packers, reduces labor costs
- Compatible with a range of SB-Systems that exceed the current Building Regulation requirements
- Robust Details FFT2 compliant for floor structures EFC-1, EFC-2, and EFS-1
- Consists of a 60mm deep x 90mm diameter polycarbonate cradle with a 10mm acoustic resilient layer of SB feltTM
- Rapid installation time
- Provides excellent impact sound insulation, reducing noise transmission between floors
- Durable and long-lasting construction, ensuring a reliable and effective solution
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different floor heights and levels
- Helps to meet and exceed acoustic performance requirements in residential and commercial buildings
- Minimizes the risk of sound transfer, creating a quieter and more comfortable living or working environment
- Enhances the overall acoustic performance of the building, improving occupant satisfaction
- Reduces the need for additional soundproofing measures, saving time and money
- Suitable for use in both new construction and renovation projects
- Provides a stable and secure support for timber battens, ensuring a level and even floor surface
- Helps to prevent the transmission of impact noise, such as footsteps and furniture movement
- Supporting timber battens in various construction projects
- Used in suspended ceiling installations
- Supporting timber decking
- Used in timber frame construction
- Supporting timber cladding
- Used in timber fencing installations
- Supporting timber joists in flooring systems
- Used in timber roof truss installations
- Supporting timber beams in structural applications
- Used in timber stud wall construction
- Set out the cradles at the required centers and install the battens with the joins directly over a cradle. Leave perimeter cradles/battens at the ends of the batten runs. Ensure that all perimeter cradles/battens are isolated from the walls by at least 25mm.
- Level the floor by adjusting the 'O' support ring up and down the threads as needed. Lock it in place by turning the carrier upstands against the battens.
- When planning the floor layout, leave a 10-15mm expansion gap around all perimeters. Fix the flooring to the battens using a generous amount of SB-Bond Panel Adhesive and secure it with ring nails or screws. Additionally, glue the flooring boards together at all teegee joints.
- Insert SB-Seal 20 Perimeter Seal into the perimeter expansion gap to ensure the floor floats freely from the walls and maintains acoustic isolation. Alternatively, follow the Robust Detail instructions using SB-RD Flanking Strip.
- Robust Details FFT2 compliant for floor structures EFC-1, EFC-2, and EFS-1
- Hush Cradle
- Karma/SIG/CMS Danskin/Regupol - CMS Danskin Cradles/Saddles
- JCW - JCW Cradle
- Icopal/Monarfloor (BMI) - Monarfloor Acoustic Cradle
- Cellecta - Rubberfon Cradles
- Isomass - Isocheck Cradle
- Trim Acoustics - Trim Cradles
- Proctor Group - Proctors Levelling System
- Thermal Economics - Isosonic Cradle
- Sound Insulation store /UKAS - Acoustic Cradle
- iKoustic - Mute Cradle
- Floorscan/Sound Insulation Store - dB Cradle
Orders under £200*
Orders between £200 - £400*
Orders over £400*
We offer our customers free delivery* when you spend £400 plus vat or more. For orders less than £400 ex VAT there is a delivery charge of £75 ex VAT. This will be calculated within the checkout process. We only accept orders Monday through Friday. We do not provide delivery on weekends.
This is subject to change given the current COVID pandemic and lack of drivers servicing the UK. We will do our best to work with all orders that may be in affected areas.** Extra delivery charges may apply to orders in Scotland and the following postcodes**
Currently affected areas : IP, NR, CA, TD, CT, PO, SO, BH, DT, EX, PL, SP, TA, TQ, TR, LL, HR, SY **
This is currently due to the lack of availabily of drivers in these service areas and limited supply in these areas, thus a custom shipping service charge may apply. (£250). Please use the shipping calculor to give you an accurate shipping price based on your post code. We apologise in advance if this occurs for your order. Before placing an order please get in touch with the team and we will see if anything can be done for your order specifically.
There are parts of the UK that we don't deliver to and this will be marked at checkout. (N Ireland and Scotish Highlands). If this occurs upon your checkout, please reach out the team and we will see what we can do via a 3rd party supplier.
PREFERED DELIVERY TIMES
We offer this service to alleviate confusion for you and reduce communication for us all. It gives us an idea on when you would the order to be delivered. It is NOT a garaunteed delivery date. .
We understand scheduling of larger materials to your project is important, thus having your preference is very helpful for us. Please note this works in tandem with the availability of the product. We can NOT fulfill any orders before the avability days set on the product, even if the date insert tool allows it.
There may be situations where if specified a preference date is given, we may not always be able to deliver on that date. As it also linked to you delivery location, the closest warehouse logistics rotar, availability of the product and more. We have simply offered this to help our customers out, please be reasonable with your expectations in these difficult times. We WILL do our best to comunicate accurate delivery times via phone or email after the order is placed, so no need to worry.
After you specified a date we will do our best to deliver on that date, you will be notified within 24-48 hours if we can not fill that day but will strive to get a slot as close as possible to that date. We do not deliver on weekends, so all orders specified with weekend delivery will be shifted to the week after.
On weekdays, our cut-off time for purchases is 1 p.m. Orders must be placed by 1 p.m. on Monday through Thursday to be delivered the next day if they are applicable for next day. For example, an order placed after 2 p.m. on Friday will be sent out on Monday afternoon (if it is not too late).
PRODUCT DELIVERY TIMES
The vast majority of our orders are dispatched within 2–5 working days. However, if you need a customized or bespoke item, things will take longer to arrive. Some goods are on allocation or short supply as a result of COVID 19 and the Brexit. We may be forced to offer an equivalent high-quality substitute product at no extra cost to our customer from time to time.
The delivery charge is applied for shipments to England. If you live in Scotland or Wales, one of our customer care specialists will contact. We do everything we can to make sure packages arrive on the date promised.
If you change the delivery date given at the time of purchase, you will be notified by email or phone. We reserve the right to charge a failed delivery fee if access is restricted for the car specified on the order, and a delivery cannot be completed.
Every transaction is recorded, and the delivery fees are determined on whether or not the recipient is ready to receive the package. This covers manual or automated offloading of heavy items. Offloading equipment, such as a tail lift or forklift, may be requested; however, there may be an additional fee if the site is difficult to access or the products are of considerable size..
If We Or A Supplier Attempt A Delivery And Customer Refuses To Deliver, We Are Not Liable For Any Losses Incurred As A Result Of Our Failure To Notify Us Or The Supplier About Any Access Limitations
At The Time Of Placing The Purchase Or 24 Hours Before Delivery. Delivery Will Be Managed With Below Partners Or 3rd Party Fulfilment.